Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Alabama Whitetail Deer Blog

Pumpkin and Fennel Soup with Walnuts and Orange to Dust Crostoni the Lard

Vellutata di Zucca e Finocchietto con Noci alla Polvere d'Arancia e Crostoni al Lardo di Colonnata

Here's one of my usual headlines that seem to promise miracles and that, in contrast, contain very simple recipes and comfort ...
am inclined to think that maybe one day succeed in my purpose (For now would rather "distant dream") of the cooking, but I could hardly "coordinate forty dishes at the same time," as Kate , is much more likely to be able to cuddle up to 10-15 people ... Exactly, pampered, this is what, after all, childish, like: guests, not customers; comfort, not virtuosity.
Mass in these terms seem to Alice in Wonderland and maybe a bit 'way, but to me this my imaginary world where I live with a man argumentative and distracted, a despotic poodle, two hamsters from the dreamy eyes, clay molds painted, embroidered cushions, room scents rose thea and Mozart in the background, Like a lot. What I do not like is getting out.
So here, what I mean is that I did a reflection on what it means to me this blog and I have concluded that there was, as I have often argued, a way to bring forth my passion and give feed the world, but instead to welcome the world (well, not quite all-around the world, not that I'm Gandhi) in my story.
Well, I finally said.


Ingredients:
  • 8-900 grams of pumpkin weighed with peel
  • 1 onion 1 handful of fennel or Barbine of finoccchio
  • 2 cups vegetable broth
  • 80 grams of walnuts
  • extra virgin olive oil salt
  • pepper 3-4 slices of bread
  • lard Colonnade

Procedure:

Peel the pumpkin and cut it into cubes.

Finely chop the onion and sauté in oil with a pinch of salt. Add the pumpkin, broth, Barbine the chopped fennel and cook for 15 minutes in a pressure cooker (30 in normal pot, but in that case, use 1 liter of broth).

Meanwhile, lightly toast the walnuts and grind them coarsely in a mortar with powdered orange.

Puree the soup, season with salt and pepper, add the walnuts and keep warm.

Roast bread, and just returned from the grill, lie on top of the bacon into thin slices.

Serve the soup with croutons separately.

NB: While we're on the subject of dreams, I wanted to tell you the delicious contest organized by Amber , which will reward your best mises en place with some amazing baskets typical Calabrian products. Given the nature of the contest, which covers una mia grande passione, la provenienza dei premi (non dimenticatevi le mie lontane origini!!!) e, soprattutto, dato il fatto che, immenso onore, faccio parte della giuria... fatevi sotto!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment