Friday, February 11, 2011

Women Who Wrestle Women

More toasted almonds and coriander and sour cream with lemon zest

Vellutata di Carote e Mandorle tostate al Coriandolo e Panna Acida con Zeste di Limone

First of all, thank you from the bottom of my heart for the support you have offered me in these very sad day for me, helping me with your love, learn to accept the departure of my Fairy Princess.
I hope, with this recipe a bit 'unusual warming up your soul as you have warmed my.
It 's totally the result of my genius ... I was looking for a velvety "different" and light for lunch I mentioned last week and I had opted for a potage of leek sour cream flavored with orange zest ...
Let's say, for once, to remain in office until 20:00 and did not have time to go to the grocery store was providential (which does not mean that I hope that happens often), I had to invent something that c 'was in the fridge.
I thought the original idea could be a bit 'changed (just a little', mind you ;-)) by replacing the leek with the carrots with orange and lemon. That made me think of carrot cake. But what makes it special, moist, delicious carrot cake, we all know, are almonds.
At the time the idea is was a cook in the broth along with carrots, but then I said that there was an element of crispness throughout.
Lemon, Almond ... the risk "Sicilian nougat" was not so remote, but personally I found it reassuring as a mother's caress.

Ingredients:
  • 1 onion 500 g carrots
  • 750 ml of broth
  • 100 ml of cream
  • 100 ml sour cream
  • 70 gr almond
  • 1 tsp coriander powder
  • grated rind of 1 lemon

extra virgin olive oil Method:

Finely chop the onion and reduce the carrots into pieces. Let it brown in oil on the bottom of the pap, then add the broth. Close the lid and cook for 15 minutes from time. Meanwhile, toast the almonds with the coriander and grind them coarsely in a mortar.

Grate the lemon rind and stir in sour cream.

When the soup is cooked, pour the remaining cream and frullatela. Heat without boiling, and add the almonds.

Serve with sour cream separately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment